Nowadays, there is a diversity of social networks for exchanging, sharing and edit photos or videos. Among these social networks, Instagram is a service of photo and video sharing, being very fashionable since several years.
Find out in this article how can you delete an Instagram account, in a snap.
How can you delete an Instagram account
Before talking about how can you delete an Instagram account, let’s talk a little about Instagram itself.
Bought by Facebook in 2012, which ensures its development to this day, this app has seen its success grow exponentially, by adding simple but ever more innovative tools to create creative and captivating content.
Instagram is proving to be a powerful advertising tool.
Instagram even has the merit of having “created” a new profession, the job of influencer; Through the sharing and condivision of captivating content, influencers’ accounts are followed by millions of subscribers.
How can you delete an account on Instagram
Born as a simple photo-sharing application, Instagram has now established itself as the true reference for unearthing trends and trends in areas such as fashion, gastronomy, travel, etc.
With the “stories” ( concept “stolen” from its sister app “Snapchat”) Instagram has taken a huge leap forward, attracting more and more audiences to its easy-to-use and immediate format. But if your want to get rid of your account, how can you delete an account on Instagram?
Instagram it’s a beautiful place, but, on the other hand, some users can be bothered by this constant flow of information, sometimes very personal, and Instagram has often been the target of multiple criticisms, such as that of pushing a certain “voyeurism” towards other people’s lives, always displayed in detail.
In addition, users sometimes get tired of spreading their daily life around the world, and give up using Instagram.
Whether you are wanting to do that, or just want to take a break, follow our tips below to learn how to delete an Instagram account, step by step.
Can you call Instagram to delete an account
To delete an Instagram account you can delete it permanently or you can delete it for always. Whether you decide or not to do it, you will not be able unfortunately to delete your account by calling Instagram.
If you just want to press “pause” on your account, a simple procedure allows us to simply “pause” the account by deactivating it temporarily. When you deactivate your account, your profile, your photos, your comments, will all be hidden.
To deactivate an account, nothing could be simpler, it is sufficient to follow these steps:
- Visit the Instagram website and sign in to your account.
- Navigate to your profile page and click on “Edit Profile”
- Select “Temporarily deactivate my account” at the bottom of the page.
- Open the drop-down menu next to “Why are you deactivating your account” and select the option that best suits you.
- Enter your Instagram password again when prompted.
- Select “Temporarily deactivate the account“.
You can deactivate your account once a month at most and when you reactivate it. You will therefore not be able to deactivate and reactivate it immediately, you are likely to have a message that tells you:
“We are not yet finished deactivating your account. If you want to reactivate it, try again in a few hours ”
With this procedure, Instagram will keep all your data, if the account is only deactivated. If you are concerned about your privacy, the best solution is probably to delete your account permanently, knowing that this procedure is irreversible.
Continue to read to know how to delete your Instagram account permanently.
How to delete Instagram account on phone
The deletion of the account is an irreversible measure. You will not be able to reactivate it.
To download your data:
- From the browser of your Ios or Android smartphone, connect and browse into parameters to find “download request”
- Enter your password and click on the “Request download” button. All the data linked to your account will then be collected and sent by Instagram for you to store.
Be aware that it can take up to 48 hours for Instagram to gather this data and send it to you, so be patient.
However, if that isn’t enough and you’re still convinced that you want to delete your account for good, read on to find out how.
How to permanently delete an Instagram account
Once you have downloaded all of your data, you would finally be ready to delete your Instagram account for good.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Delete the application from your iPhone or Android smartphone.
- From your smartphone browser, visit the Instagram website and sign in to your account.
- Log in and browse parameters to find Account features, which will take you to the “Delete your account” page.
- Open the drop-down menu next to “Why are you deleting your account” and choose the option that works best for you. Note that Instagram does not allow you to delete your account without choosing a reason for unsubscribing.
- Enter your Instagram password again when prompted.
- Select “Permanently delete my account“.
For your information, here are the reasons you can choose when you request to deactivate or delete your Instagram profile:
- I want to delete something
- Confidentiality issue
- I just need a break
- I created a second account
- I can’t find any account to follow
- Usage problem
- Too many advertisements
- Takes too long
- Something else
Now your account will be permanently deleted. Instagram will erase your data permanently, as if your account never existed, without leaving any trace of it.
Indeed, apart from the privacy concerns related to the data stored by the application, it turns out that we are more and more connected and Instagram is an incredibly time-consuming application.
How to protect your Instagram account privacy
Besides deleting your Instagram account, there are other things you can do to protect your online privacy when using social media. The first step is to be aware of your actions:
- The information you share on these is visible to everyone, so think twice before posting. Even with proper privacy settings, your privacy remains at risk as Instagram collects data on its users.
- There is often metadata associated with the photos you post, such as revealing details such as where the photo was taken and the date and time. You should know that your social media apps connect to other apps and this data sharing also exists between programs.
In general, and for any social network, remember that to protect your privacy, you can also do the following:
- Think before sharing: information posted on social networks is visible to everyone and therefore to a large number of people.
- Adjust your privacy settings: Adjust your privacy settings in apps to control how your information is shared and which remains private.
If, however, after a moment of pause, you want to recreate a new Instagram account later, to find your friends and images related to your interests.
The procedure will be the same as the one followed when opening the account you just deleted permanently, but in this case, you can do it directly from the application, after installing it again on your smartphone.
Once the app is installed, tap to open it. Tap Sign up with email or phone number (Android) or Create an account (iPhone), then enter your email address or phone number (confirmation code required) and tap Next.
You can also tap Connect with Facebook to sign up with your Facebook account. If you decide to sign up with your email address or phone number, create a username and password, fill in your profile information, and then tap Next. If you sign up with Facebook, you will be prompted to log into your Facebook account if you are logged out at that time.