You finally decided to sign up on Instagram on the insistence of you friends. You have been using this social network for a few months, but you have not understood yet how to use its main functions. If it is really the situation you are in, you are in the right place at the right time.
In this article, I want to show you some useful tips like how to write an Instagram post, how to communicate with people and how to pin a comment on Instagram post and how to pin a comment on Instagram live. In this article, we will focus how to pin a comment on Instagram live stream.
In July 2020 Instagram has released an important future that allows us to pin a comment on post and live stream.
Mark Zuckerberg’s company had announced the feature some time ago, and it is finally here: we are talking about the ability to fix comments at the top on Instagram. In recent months, the platform has added new opportunities that allow users to have more control over their content.
After releasing the ability to better control tags by deleting unwanted ones or removing offensive comments, it is now time to pin those deemed interesting to the post. This function could be especially useful for business pages or those of influencers who manage thousands of comments daily.
Business pages often publish product photos that encourage users to ask about the price or characteristics of the item. The page admin can set these questions at the top and answer them so that users can find the information immediately.
This new option allows you to pin comments under a video or image posted on Instagram. Once pinned, the contribution will be immediately visible to the public who linger on the post and will therefore appear before the other comments, regardless of the chronological order in which they are posted.
This opportunity was particularly awaited by creators and companies that use the channel to promote products, services or do personal branding.
But how to pin a comment on Instagram?
Of course, like many other features of the platform, pinning a comment is extremely easy. First, you need to update the app on your iOS or Android device and launch it.
The functionality is available for all types of accounts, both private and corporate. To pin a comment, simply go to your profile and tap on the content to open it in a new tab. This will also open all available comments. To pin the desired one, simply select it by holding your finger down.
At that moment, a blue string will appear at the top of the screen, showing three icons: a trash can (to delete the comment), a cloud (to report the comment, report or block the writer) and a drawing pin, which is used to fix the comment.
Touching the drawing pin opens a pop-up window announcing the possibility of pinning the comment at the top, showing it before all the others.
If this icon is selected, the comment in question will be pinned and the pin icon will appear next to it, informing the public that it has been highlighted by the profile administrator. To delete the pin, simply select the comment again and tap on the pin, and an entry will confirm that it has been deleted from the pins at the top.
The platform has established some rules related to this feature. Most importantly, it is possible to pin up to three comments per post. In addition, the author of the comment will be notified of the preference.
According to Instagram CEO Adam Mosseri, this feature can also be useful in reducing the number of offensive comments or fake news under the posts of many companies and influencers.
Often people comment on something unpleasant and although the author of the post responds and clarifies, their response gets lost in the thread and it is difficult to track it down and read it. At the same time, a positive comment set at the top can help create a relaxed and pleasant atmosphere within the platform.
Let us see in detail how to pin a comment on Instagram post and live stream.
How to pin a comment on Instagram post
One of the reasons for its wide success is that you can pin a comment with ease and immediacy. At the end of this reading, you will no longer have doubts about how to pin a comment on Instagram.
First, you should learn how to comment a post you like on Instagram. If you use Instagram from the app of your smartphone, follow these few steps:
- Open your Instagram app and Jump into your Instagram account
- Browse for the picture you want to comment on. You can pin a comment on your own photos or any photos from users that you are following. Tap on the photo to open it.
- Click the “Comment” button You can find the comment button below the picture, next to the “Like” button. This will open the comment interface. Your keyboard will open, and you can start typing your own comment.
- Write your comment. Once you are happy with it, tap the “Send” button. Your comment will be added to the list of comments.
From early July 2020, Instagram added an update to the app that let you pin a comment to one of your Instagram posts. Make sure you update your Instagram app and then follow these simple steps showing you how to pin a comment on Instagram.
- Jump into your Instagram account
- Go to one of your video or photo posts
- Scroll down and click on View all comments
- Slide left on a comment. You can see three options here. The new one on the left is the pin option.
- Select that.
What this does is, it pins the comment to the top of the list. The comment will have a pin mark (it says “pinned”). If you now look at the comments or anybody else looks at them, they are going to see that as the pin comment. You can pin up to three different comments on each post can be pinned to the top of the Instagram comment section.
How to create a live stream on Instagram
One of the best functions of Instagram is the possibility to show your event to a large audience without spending any money.
Before learning how to pin a comment on Instagram live stream I will show you how to create a live stream on this platform in few simple steps.
- Open your Instagram app and click on the button with your profile photo that says, ‘Your Story’. Alternatively, you can click on the camera button at the top left of the screen.
- Choose the Live option. In this way, you will now access your camera. where you can choose from several options. You do not have to use Normal, Boomerang or No Hold, just scroll left to the Live option.
- Enter your Instagram Story settings. You can now start broadcasting live but be patient for a moment. Before you start broadcasting, you need to check your Instagram Story settings. Click the wheel-shaped button in the top left-hand corner to access the settings.
- Choose your privacy settings. Under the Instagram Story settings, you can edit who can see the live stream. You can hide it from certain people, which is a useful feature for a private event. You can also configure who can respond to your story: everyone, people you follow, or no one. Click “Finish” after you have finished editing.
- Allow sharing of your broadcast. Instagram also allows you to let other people share your live story. This is a handy feature because your live-streamed broadcast can be sent directly as a message. As Instagram is owned by Facebook, you can also opt to share your live story on Facebook.
Thanks to a recent update to Instagram, it is now possible to create group live streams, inviting followers to join in. To do this, press the button with the little man symbol once the live stream has started.
How to pin a comment on Instagram live stream
After learning how to create a live stream I will show you how to pin a comment on Instagram. The administrator of a Page can pin a comment to the top during a live broadcast. Only one comment can be set high at a time, but there is no limit to the number of times comments can be replaced.
How to pin a comment on Instagram during a live broadcast:
- Tap the comment you want to show.
- Select Fix comment up.
To remove a comment and fix another one, tap the X on the top fixed comment and then select the next comment to fix. If a user deletes a top-set comment, the comment will be removed from the live broadcast.
After the live broadcast has ended, you will not be able to remove comments that have been fixed from the top while you were live.
How to pin a comment on Instagram post: how to write an Instagram post
If you have been using Instagram for a short time, you probably still do not understand the type of “language” you have to use on this platform. Instagram is mainly a photographic social network. That would mean that you must pay close attention to the images you decided to post.
Posts are usually accompanied by phrases and hashtags, so it is important to understand how to write an Instagram post. I am sure the tips contained in this paragraph will help to you.
- Use a catchy title. Using a catchy title can arouse the interest of other Instagram users towards the post you have published. The more you accustom users to these engaging posts, the more you have a good chance that the users will desire to follow you. To make a long story short, they can become your followers.
- Ask question. Asking questions in your posts is one of the best ways to involve your users easily. If you ask your followers their opinion about a given topic, they will free more involved and there will be a good chance that they interact with the post by commenting or clicking on “like”.
The power of hashtags. You may have noticed that each post on Instagram is marked with one or more hashtags preceded by the hashtag symbol. Each hashtag describes the content or the general topic related to a post. When a user searches for specific content on Instagram, the research is influenced by hashtags. That is why it is so important to use the right one.
How to pin a comment on Instagram live
Would you like to know how to write on Instagram to communicate with people? You have many ways to do that: sending a private message using the Direct function (or its namesake app), writing a comment to a user, and even commenting on a Story.
Everything is explained in detail in the following lines.
Using Instagram’s Direct function (for some time now, Direct has also been available as an app for Android and iOS), you can write a private message to users of the photo social network.
To use the Direct function of the social network all you have to do is click on the paper airplane symbol that appears in the preview of each post (next to the buttons to use to like or comment) or the one that is located in the upper right corner.
After clicking on the airplane symbol, select the name of the user to whom you wish to send a private message and type the text in the “Write a message…” field, then tap on Send to forward it. If you wish, you can also send a heart by clicking on the heart button or a photo.
In the latter case, simply click on the camera symbol to take and send a new photo or click on the panorama image symbol to send one of the photos alinstagrready saved in the gallery.
Press and hold the microphone icon (bottom right) to record a voice message. To send the message, release the pressure. To delete, swipe left.